The Association provides its members, i.e. the European Regions and Municipalities, with a representative body that can be coherent, distinguishable and influential towards all relevant stakeholders and decision-makers at both public and private level.
The Association allows its Members to play a key role in the implementation of strategies that aim for the uptake of hydrogen, fuel cells and electric mobility.
The Association will serve as a coordinating platform for European Regions and Municipalities and will abide by the following Guiding Principles:
• Harmonize synergies between national, regional and local programmes and policies;
• Help Regions and Municipalities to align and integrate their strategic priorities, approaches and objectives towards sustainable energy within a low carbon society;
• Collect experiences that feed into the European agenda and definition of priorities;
• Increase the impact of the Regions’ and Municipalities’ efforts by identifying, coordinating and bundling relevant activities across the different Regions and Municipalities in Europe;
• Provide a fertile environment for state-of-the-art research and demonstration projects in Europe that enable innovation, and promote the success of trials and deployment;
• Encourage public acceptance at the European level by identifying and planning measures to
raise the awareness in the EU context and actively engaging key stakeholders;
• Develop financial mechanisms and strategies to integrate hydrogen, fuel cells and electromobility
on a European scale at local level;
• Become a focal point for data collection and assessment;
• Compile fact based policy recommendations for local decision makers.